Thursday, July 21, 2011

How to keep a bored cat happy?

Hello, I have had my little angel, Harriet, for the last 13 years and needless to say she has had a very exciting life. She is a Euorpean Shorhair mix I got from the humain socirty 12 or so years ago and has been my best friend since. About 2 years ago her playmate, our dog, passed away of brain cancer he was 15 when he passed and since then we have moved from our nice big 3200 sq ft home on an acer of property in Idaho to a smaller home in order to start a new job in New Mexico. In addtion we spend much more time at work (my husband and I were students)m less time at home and there are less people ( we lived with my parents while at school) with her. It breaks my heart that every time we come home she runs to the door and cries and beggs to played with (which I do love to do with her) but seems like the long day alone has been a torment. My parents bought 2 new puppies which she did not take to and in the past she has had mixed reactions to other cats. Should I get her a friend to play with? Or is that now abandoning 2 animals all day? What would I do if they did not get along? I have tried giving her window shelves a fish to watch even bought her 3 new interactive toys! She still seems depressed! Please Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment