Monday, July 18, 2011

Really worried bout my gf 3 weeks after birth HELP?

After a text book pregnancy Lucy gave birth to our son. The birth was difficult after 18 hours she finally had to have an emergency c-section Lucy was petrified of having a epidural and was very distressed but it was the only option. After she couldn't breadtfeed, the baby wouldn't latch on and when he did he wouldn't stay on the nurses response was that Lucy wasn't trying hard enough and gave her a lecture about how breast is best and that the baby wading missing out. Lucy was heart broken but tried to hide it. Lucy seemed to be detached from the baby she only held him when someone gave him to her. She never talks to him, she spoke to her bump all the time during pregnancy. She wasn't eating much. She would sleep a lot and when I would leave she would become really upset she has never been clingy. When she was discharged things just got worse she just seemed to carry on like the baby wasn't there, she only holds or feeds him when prompted. She is very tearful she wants to be with with me all the time she wants to be held which I don't mind, but this isn't like her. I have bass to go back to work (I work full time in an office and as a bounced on a Fri and sat night) there is always someone with her to help with the baby as she is.still recovering. She seems completely detached from everyone but me, yet she barely speaks to me she was a complete chatter box before. I am really worried I have spoken to her and she just says she doesn't know what's wrong. The midwife says its baby blues. I have a child from a previous relationship ( this is Lucy's first) and I don't think this is baby blues. I love Lucy but I am at my wits end I am exhausted from work and looking after the baby and Lucy. I just don't understand where my old Lucy is and i am scared for her can anyone help?

No comments:

Post a Comment